SheStrong is an ongoing program for high school students who seek to engage with their community and develop as leaders and changemakers. In the words of the student organizing council, the aim is to “equip young women with the tools to begin advocating for themselves.” The annual SheStrong summit features women in community leadership roles and provides opportunities for young women of diverse backgrounds to convene for skill-building, community service, and learning programs. Areas of focus include self-defense, women in politics, intersectional feminism, and more. In addition to the annual summit, the SheStrong council plans and hosts other small events for young women throughout the year.
Discover. Connect. Inspire.
See our main calendar for details.
Join our Mailing List
Click here to sign up for monthly SheStrong updates!
SheStrong 2019 Council
- Kaitlin Browne, Wando High School
- Clara Collins, Charleston County School of the Arts
- Lexi Enright, James Island Charter High School
- Maya Green,Charleston County School of the Arts
- Lilli Heinrich, Academic Magnet High School
- Katie Krawcheck, Porter Gaud High School
- Sophie Levenson, Academic Magnet High School
- Mina Schaafsma, Academic Magnet High School
- Gillian Thomas, Wando High School
- Courtenay White, Porter Gaud High School
Interested in joining? Contact email@example.com.