Programs and initiatives that provide resources, skill development, training and awareness aimed at emerging and evolving leaders in all stages of life.
- Entering or re-entering the job market or seeking a promotion and in need of professional development?
- Seeking to enhance your leadership efforts to strengthen your team?
- Running your household and wanting to streamline your time and energy?
- Interested in getting involved in elected office or some other form of civic leadership?
- Raising or mentoring young women and want some well-researched and expert advice.
- In senior-level management and seeking to assess and improve your leadership or communication skills?
Connect the Dots Series
Our Connect the Dots Series presents a short program on a variety of interesting topics each month in West Ashley and Mt. Pleasant. The program is free to Center for Women members and lunch is provided gratis by the Panera Bread Co.
Have you thought about starting your own business, but just don’t know where to BEGIN?
Founder’s lab was a very valuable tool that helped push me toward taking the next steps to becoming an entrepreneur. Their knowledge and encouragement doesn’t end after the lab is over. We continued to meet for accountability and business counseling meetings, helping me to stay focused on my goals and visions.
-Aly Murphy, Murphy’s Manners
The path to your entrepreneurial future begins at Founder’s Lab! Four major benefits of attending:
- Held only once a quarter, the lab begins with a 60 minute inspirational presentation on how to ready yourself as an entrepreneur, an outline of the tools, resources, and financials you’ll need to start your venture, and what to expect in your first year in business.
- Following the presentation, get hands-on mentorship from successful business owners and coaches during our hour-long speed coaching. Speed coaching includes two rounds of personalized feedback in areas where you need immediate advice. Choose from business plan development, marketing and research, legal advice, social media, or financials.
- You’ll walk away from the session with our official SCWBC Resource Guide – robust eBook, curated by the business pros, including all the resources, websites, and contacts you’ll need to start your business – from the ‘how to get your business license’ to ‘how to use online apps to help you manage your time.’
- It doesn’t end here! Following the lab, participants unlock three FREE 60 minute one-on-one business coaching sessions with one of our seasoned mentors. Schedule at your convenience and work through your biggest roadblocks with the pros.
Who: All aspiring entrepreneurs
How much: $75.00; includes dinner, official SCWBC resource guide, presentation, speed coaching, and 3 free business coaching sessions
“The Founder’s Lab provides information that is timely and extremely useful in taking the necessary steps to launch or grow a business. The counselors and fellow attendees were motivating and the energy was palpable. There’s a reason why great things happen when women support each other.” -Octavia Dingle, CityGab
“Even though I am not new to running a business, my new small business needed some tweaking. Having someone as knowledgeable and successful as Shauna to bounce ideas off of was very helpful.” -Lisa Burbage, President, Founder of Wellness Beyond Fifty, LLC
“I think Founders Lab is a place where good ideas become great, due to the cultivation of connections and the camaraderie of fellow female business leaders. I went into the workshop not knowing exactly where I should be going with my business plan. Now I know I am heading in the right direction.” – Amber Allen, founder of Bright Heart Mother Care
If you are unsure if this course is for you, please call 843.763.7333
or email email@example.com for more information.
Forward thinking organizations and leaders practice Smart Leadership™, which is learning to lead and manage complimentary yet conflicting attributes like delivering results while building relationship in pursuit of organizational goal attainment.
Ready for Work
We have teamed up with One80 Place and Charleston County Housing Authority to conduct soft skills in the workplace for women in need. Here are our recent graduates!